Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nap Nanny Chill (Review)

A little background on the purchase, we bought this $129 foam chair covered in "oh so soft" material for my daughter who was sick with a pretty bad cold at the time. At 2 months old there was nothing more we could do than keep her elevated and do our best with the saline drops.  This is a problem that almost every mom and baby face.  My problem, I have a husband who goes above and beyond for Maddie, so seeing this gave him hope that it would help her rest without gagging.  I'm inspired to give my "opinion" in all uses of this product.



First, I would like to add that their website says that it has "revolutionized infant sleep".  It is most used, as far as I can tell by moms whose babies have reflux. While it is a pretty cool lounger for my daughter (no reflux here!), and very soft so she will fall asleep in it for short periods of time, she sleeps better on our bed for naps. Like most moms, I want my baby close to me when she sleeps at night, the Nap Nanny is to only be used on the floor.  Really? It's cold down there! I thought we could put it on the top setting in the pack-n-play, but the makers strongly suggest that it ONLY be used on the floor. Even with baby strapped in due to safety hazards, I can respect that. So she used it during the day while playing and the angle did help her breathe a little better.

So whats the big deal? $129?  There are no bells and whistles, no vibration for the "bouncy seat" effect, just a cool lounger.  I can tell you that, with my experience with it, it has served such a small purpose for us. I bought a crib, mattress, co-sleeper and pack-n-play, and this Nap Nanny for her to sleep.  I use this the least.

Let's see a plus side.  The nap nanny is VERY portable and seems to be very convenient to put in the case and take on vacation. I will be trying this over the summer.  Little ones can use it up into their toddler years. The cover is removable and machine washable. There are raving reviews by moms who say their baby would not sleep anywhere else for months and it worked wonders for their baby's reflux. I didn't have the same results with the sleep.

I will say, being that we spent so much on it, and after being tempted to ebay it- I believe we will keep it, since there will be more children.  However, I am disappointed in my purchase. I have got the same results from the swing.  I do really wish we would have bought the cheaper version on the shelf next to it for $40, that DID have bells and whistles.  Bottom line, if your baby doesn't have reflux, there are other cheaper options.  The Nap Nanny is a cool product for what it is with the comfort factor, I just wish it had more features.

She does like to lounge and watch Dora in it, though.
 
Have you tried the Nap Nanny Chill? What did you think of you? Are you happy with it?

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for this post.

Would you like for us to review your product? We have children with ages ranging from infant to 13 years old. Contact us at notextingatthetable@gmail.com!

1 comment:

  1. Best thing ever. Unfortunately was recalled because the world was filled with morons who put it in their baby's crib even though it says "DO NOT PUT IN CRIB" in big bold letters right on the front. Then they had to look for someone to blame, so they called the nearest ambulance chasing lawyer and sued Nap Nanny, so now the product has been recalled. "America, where nothing is ever your fault!"

    ReplyDelete