Friday, April 20, 2012

Roasted Carrots and Potatoes

I have heard all vegetables are better roasted. I didn't believe it until I roasted some brussel sprouts a couple of weeks ago, and even toasted them more than expected- for the kids to LOVE them-
So I had a couple of Idaho potatoes on hand, so I cut them up and added some carrots to the mix while I was at it-

 What's that speckled all over them? I drizzled them in EVOO, and tossed in 2 tbsp of Herbs de Provence. I have a container full of this mixture so I thought this would be a good way to use them up. I have used this mixture in place of rosemary, and in place of Italian seasoning, we well.

To create your own herbs mixture, simply mix:
    2 tablespoons dried savory
    2 tablespoons dried rosemary
    2 tablespoons dried thyme
    2 tablespoons dried oregano
    2 tablespoons dried basil
    2 tablespoons dried marjoram
    2 tablespoons dried fennel seed

(Or if you shop at Whole Foods, if I'm not mistaken, you can buy this herb mixture from the bulk section.)

I roasted them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper (easy cleanup, no stick!) in a 400% oven for 30-40 minutes, turning and tossing 2-3 times as needed.

No one complained about the carrots. SCORE!
I wish I had an "after" picture but my phone battery went dead before I was finished cooking that evening. Maybe next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment