Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pork Roast, but Not Really

The other evening I was so entrenched in the internet, time slipped up on me and I did not have enough time to fully roast that huge chunk of pork roast I bought that morning at the store. Years of 30 Minute Meal watching and reading taught me, if I cut it up, it would cook faster so all was not lost! When I took the string off for it to reveal two large pork tenderlions, I started cutting the tenderlions into smaller chops.

Hannah is not fond of a lot of seasoning right now, so for half of it I stuck to the traditional salt and pepper. The half I planned on eating, however, I combined:

1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp coarse sea salt

(The next time I'm going to try it with 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp hot pepper flakes.)

I had quite a batch of meat going on-


I seared them in a medium hot pan before finishing them off in a 375o oven.

I wish I had an "after" picture but my phone went dead by the time dinner was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment